Saturday, January 31, 2009

Strong and content, I am now traveling an open road…….





Roads have a special meaning to us. They take us where we want to go. There is almost always a road associated with every place we go and every important event in our lives. Roads are everywhere, yet, roads are often minor details in our memories of important moments.



There is a parallel between roads and life. They make us think of our lives and how we have lived them – this is the road of life!


Rough roads, fallen bridges, deteriorating sections, heavy rains, flash floods and converging roads made it hard to travel and arrive safe to our destinations. It could even get worse by the stop signs, traffic lights, checkpoints, and intersecting traffic.



My travel in a cross road show my visions and progress through life. The life on the road is unpredictable and has many obstacles, yet full of hopes that the roads will be smooth and open.

My recent trip tells a good story against the horizon and tells how, against astonishing odds, I got to the place where I had to go.




“Cars” choke my roads… “Checkpoints” prompted me to stop often…. “Tires” stuck in the mud…”Heavy baggage” averted me from driving fast.

One thing, however, is certain… roads will continue to be a major part of our lives and will continue to symbolize the essence of our being…our decision..our fate!



I do take some precautions. I never pre-advertise my rides or route except to trusted friends. They love to give me directions, talk about the road conditions, wish me safe at all times and even travel with me just to make sure I am out-of harm in the road.



Do you hear me,
do you feel me moving through?
With my foot upon the gas,
between the future and the past,
I am here—
here where the desire to vanish
is stronger than the desire to appear.
I whimper no more, need nothing,
Strong and content I travel the open road.